ISO 14001 – Balance between economy and ecology
Since its publication in 1996, more than 150,000 organizations world-wide have an implemented and certified management system according to ISO 14001. This increasing popularity demonstrates that any organization or business sector can benefit from the positive impact. Due to their own positive experiences, many ISO 14001 certified companies are asking their suppliers for this kind of certification in turn, particularly in the area of automotive supply.
On account of the standard’s compatibility with ISO 9001 (quality management), an increasing number of organizations choose to implement integrated management systems, in order to take advantage of the synergies. Environmental, quality, and occupational health and safety management systems (BS OHSAS 18001) are fundamental tools of corporate management; their use demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, and the intention to prevent the waste of resources.
Benefits for your organization:
With an environmental management system certified to ISO 14001, organizations can:
- improve their operational environmental protection
- achieve legal certainty through systematic observation of relevant environmental legislation and regulations
- reduce environmental risks
- improve their environmental performance, to include the environmental quality of products and services
- realize cost savings by way of systematic and proactive thought and action
- foster employee identification, motivation and commitment
- promote confidence of the public, customers, agencies, banks, and insurers
- enhance their image and competitive ability – both nationally and internationally
- fulfill customer requirements