The DQS Training Academy
More than a decade ago, the DQS Training Academy was initially established to act as an incubator of auditors-in-training, to prepare them for the very stringent application process of becoming a globally recognised DQS Auditor through DQS Holding in Germany.
Awareness, Implementation and Auditing Training courses in various international ISO standards were typically offered by Lead Auditors, with a solid knowledge and background in the Auditing of the relevant management systems.
Over the years, the Academy has come into its own and is now managed as a totally separate entity, to ensure impartiality of its activities from those of the Certification Body and to pursue accreditation of its skills programmes and courses through the various accreditation bodies in South Africa. Whereas the Academy still benefits from the knowledge and know-how of international auditors acting as Subject Matter Experts, and by aligning course content to international best practice; experienced Facilitators under the leadership of Sue van Vuuren (National Training Manager), provides a local flavour to internationally recognised content and courses.
The DQS Training Academy has established a reputation of being an excellent provider of ISO and related management system public, onsite and online training courses. In addition to course-specific local accreditations and endorsements, all public Auditing Courses are globally recognised by The International Certification Network (IQNet) and after passing a 5-day Auditing Course at the Academy, students may register themselves on the IQNet database as a recognised professional.
Some of the most popular and highly-in-demand courses currently on offer include 1-day Awareness; 3-day Implementation and 5-day Auditing Courses in:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems;
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems;
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems;
- Integrated Management Systems (combining Quality, Environmental and H&S Management Systems);
- ISO 37001:2016 Anti-bribery Management Systems (a hot topic currently!)
- ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management Systems
- Food training on legislative, food safety management systems, food safety schemes, etc.
- Automotive training in IATF 16949:2016 and various other industry-specific requirements, such as Course Tools.